1. Saturday, October 19: ACT college entrance exam tutorials from 8:30am-12:30pm at the Zotz Building (13801 Holly Park); students in all grade levels can attend and will earn a free ACT/SAT retest.
2. Monday, October 21: Lunch and learn with Texas A&M representative Alyssa Gonzales during all lunches; students and parents can bring their lunches to room 1122 to hear an admissions and scholarship presentation from one of Texas' top colleges.
3. Thursday, October 24 (every Thursday): Tutoring and mentoring provided by the National Honor Society students after school in the upstairs library; students can work on improving performance in core subject areas and/or get training on the college process, GPA and rank, and time management.
4. Wednesday, October 30: College visit field trip to UH Downtown and TSU; students can see Mrs. Couch for a permission form for the trip--first come, first served.
5. Friday, November 8: Deadline for juniors and seniors to register for the December 14 ACT; go to ACT.org to register and see your counselor for a fee waiver if you qualify.
6. Monday, November 11: GPISD College Night hosted by North Shore Senior High from 6:00-8:00pm; we will have a bus for GPHS students--see Mrs. Couch for the permission form.
SEnior to-do list
If you have been accepted to a university or received a scholarship, please click here to notify us. We need that information for the district. And we want to congratulate you.
For those planning to attend 4-year colleges:
For those planning to attend a community college: